- Heavy rainfall between 26-29 August affected thousands of people across the Tarai regions.
- Major roadways have been frequently obstructed by landslides and flooding, impeding humanitarian access to hard-to-reach areas. Humanitarian partners are coordinating with security forces on road clearance and access issues.
- Initial Rapid Assessments have been conducted in most affected areas, providing initial basic information on impacts. Several clusters are collecting more detailed sectoral information to plan interventions.
- Basic WASH, shelter/NFI and health support provided to households in heavily affected districts.
- All clusters monitoring situation closely and on standby to provided additional response if needed.